Firstsource suggests ‘misunderstanding’ over Cardiff job call centre
Wednesday, May 09, 2012
Indian-owned call-centre, Firstsource, has said that the first minister’s announcement of 600 new jobs back in March of 600 jobs was a ‘misunderstanding’. A new call centre will be opened creating 600 job roles, many of these, however, will be filled by existing members of staff who will be transferred to the new call-centre.
Staff at the new operation run by Firstsource in Cardiff Bay will deal with call centre enquiries for the satellite television company BskyB, work is currently being carried out in Cardiff by the outsourcing call centre operator Conduit. The vast majority of the 600 people working at Firstsource will be transferred over from Conduit.
When asked whether the first minister’s comments had been premature, a spokeswoman for Firstsource said: “We have never said that we were going to take on new jobs.”